Andrew Cox

For more detail about Schools orienteering, check out the Irish Schools Blog
Also check out the Irish Orienteer Blog

Friday, November 20, 2009

Event cancellation

Following the completion of a risk assessment of the planned event for Knockanafffrin in the Comeraghs on Sunday, I have decided to cancel the event. It has been difficult to fully plan the event with the current weather conditions. Some of the access roads are currently blocked with water. The ground is very waterlogged and it would be impossible to mark all the new water features on the map!
The weather forecast with high winds on both Saturday and Sunday was not encouraging either. 35-50kph minimum. The sea area forecast reads as follows: Outlook for a further 24 hours until 1200 Sunday 22 November 2009: South to southwest winds veering southwest to west - generally up to gale or strong gale force, and reaching storm force in places. Rain or showers at times.