Sunday, May 24, 2020
Lockdown Orienteering in the south east.
The Irish Orienteering Association have worked with the Sports Council to ensure that orienteering is one of the first sports to get back on the road to full recovery.
They have issued the following guidelines:
1. Keep 2 metres apart
2. Do not handle shared equipment
3. Protect ourselves and others
4. Ensure that we adhere to the prevailing health gudelines.
There are 3 options for the foreseeable future in the southeast.
1. Permanent orienteering courses at the following locations: Kilkenny castle, Castlecomer, Woodstock, Kilbarry, Kilmacthomas, Waterford people's park, Tramore inclusion park, Dunmore east, Kennedy park, Carlow town park and Ducketts Grove.
Permanent posts on the ground with codes to find. Check out the full list of where to get maps n the page to the right of this post, below the Twitter feed under Permanent Orienteering Courses in the SE.
2. Sporteering virtual courses at the following locations: Carrick on Suir, Clonmel, Fethard, Dungarvan, Kilbarry, Waterford people's park, Tramore sand dunes, and Kilmacthomas.
Download the app and off you go. Full instructions on the right of this post under Phone App Orienteering in the SE
3. Maprun virtual courses at the following locations: Georgian Waterford and Post Waterford (both courses start at the People's park), Ballinakill downs (starting at Woodlands hotel, course V2 at shopping centre carpark), Tramore sand dunes, and Tramore inclusion park (starting at Splashworld)
Download the app, course map and course code and off you go. Full instructions on the right of this post under Phone App Orienteering in the SE
Any queries to: watosecretary18 at gmail.com